Local Habitat Survey:
Top Tips when surveying your local habitats
1. Respect your local environment. Put logs, stones etc carefully where you found them.
2. If handling wildlife, return them carefully to where you found them. Be sure to wash your hands afterwards.
3. Ensure that a grownup knows where you are at all times.
4. Take extra care around water. Ideally, you should have an adult with you.
5. Be aware of hidden hazards: broken glass, sharp edges and other hazards can be often concealed in tall grass.