Here are some ideas that you could use once you have shared the story. If you can think of anymore of your own, go ahead and impress us all!
- Rewrite the story in the form of a playscript. Could you perform it to an audience?
- Imagine that you went in a journey in a rocket. Where would you go? Could you write a story about it?
- Can you rewrite the story from the man's point of view?
- Imagine a world that is full of rubbish and pollution. Can you think of words / phrases to describe it?
- Lots of plants and trees grow throughout the story. Find out what plants need to grow healthily.
- Can you write some instructions to teach someone how to care for a plant?
- Research the topic of dinosaurs. What different types if dinosaurs were there? How were they similar / different?
- Look at the use of colour in the illustrations. Which pages are dark and gloomy? Which pages are bright and colourful? Could you try to recreate some of the pictures?
- Could you draw the same scene using dark colours and then using bright colours?
- Use the line drawings to colour dinosaur pictures (see Resources below).
- Find out about different types of pollution and how they affect the environment.
- Make a list of things that people can do to help the environment.
- Make a poster to persuade people to reduce waste, reuse items and recycle materials.
- Find out what happens to waste that isn't recycled.
- The dinosaur explains that the earth belongs to everyone. Could you use this message on a poster / banner?
- Make a timeline showing when dinosaurs and humans have been alive.
- At the start of the story, the man dreams about the star. What are your hopes and dreams?
- The dinosaur says that the man should have been rules by his heart and not his head. What does this mean?