Today, you will be using a variety of methods to solve word problems.
Thought we would kick off today's learning with a video.
A little reminder of prime numbers.
Within each Power Point, there are different word problems to solve.
- Use RUCSAC
- Remember to read the question carefully.
- Underline line key information
- Change operation words into symbols.
- Jottings could help.
- Draw an image, a cartoon strip to help you see/understand word problem.
- Can you use models-number lines, bar models.
- Strategies? Pencil and paper-formal methods-mental methods.
- Use/explain a method to double check your answers.