Developing the Amazon: True or False?
1. Every year, 50 million hectares of rainforest are cut down.
2. That’s like losing land the size of England, Wales and Scotland put together every year!
3. Scientists estimate that all of the rainforests could be lost in 50 years.
4. 137 species of plants and animals are being lost every day.
5. Every second a piece of rainforest the size of a football field is being cut down!
6. That’s like losing rainforests the size of 81 million football fields each year!
7. We have already cut down over half the world’s tropical rainforests.
8. We don’t use most of the trees we cut down.
10. One fifth of the world’s freshwater is found in the rainforest.