We have created a blog so that you can get in contact with the teachers during this difficult time. We are available for tips on home learning or advice. I really hope you come to the blog to share video's and pictures of what you are doing at home!
please follow the link!
We look forward to seeing what you have been doing to keep buys during these difficult times.
Mr Hanser, Mrs Powell and Mr West
13th July 2020: Home learning challenges for you to enjoy!
The news revealed! Now that you all know which classes you are in for Year 4, this week your challenge is a choice of four activities...
1. Write a letter to reply to your Year 4 teacher in a style similar to the one you received.
2. Write a description of your favourite type of learning - what is it, how do you do it, how do you know you have been successful?
E.g. Writing stories - vocabulary needed, punctuation, character, plot, setting, etc.
3. Write a story about you but an imaginary you! Are you a superhero with powers? Are you a secret spy? Are you in disguise as a child at Grange Junior School? Use your imagination and enjoy the experience of writing for fun.
4. Write a newspaper report announcing your new class teacher and what might happen next!
You now have a choice of activities that you might select. You need to plan for each one, write a first draft and edit and improve it. We would love to see each stage of your learning journey please so photographs to our email addresses or attachments would be fabulous.
1. Design your own toy: draw a picture of it and label it then give it a "life".
Write the story of your toy based on the format of the film making sure you use descriptive vocabulary so that your reader can see the picture that you have painted with your words.
2. Using a toy that you already have: plan a story in the same format as the film. You might want to story board or comic strip it first then plan it effectively before writing it using descriptive language.
3 Retell the story from the film as it doesn't have words for us to follow. Ensure that you use lots of powerful description so that we can see the pictures from the film without actually watching it!
Monday 29th June Literacy work
In literacy, I would like you to watch this video.
you have a choice of what activity you want to do or you could do all of them.
Write a description of the boy’s home in the woods.
• Design and draw a magic hat with a different power.
• Set up a tally chart to record the birds that you see visiting your garden.
• Write a story about one of your own items (from the mysterious shop) being purchased and what happens next.
• Research and classify birds and bugs
• Write an information text about the creature you design
Welcome to the Year 3 page
Our hope over the next few weeks is to provide you with a complete e-learning experience. We will be working over the next few days to ensure that you have resources and website links to help you to support your children as much as you can. We will also be creating a blog so that you can send us the work you have done at home and we will put the pictures up for you.
We have created topic pages at the bottom of this page including links for Maths and Reading Home Learning.
We hope that you will still continue to:
We are also asking for you all to complete a project for History. You can choose which question you want to answer in your research.
LSA Mrs Darrington & LSA Miss Smith & LSA Mrs Carter &
Miss Langton Mrs Armstrong Mrs Court
Home Learning during school closures because of the COVID-19 outbreak.
Due to the forthcoming school closure, we have put together some ideas for home learning for Year 3. All children will be given a purple books to record all their learning in and this should be brought back to school on their return.
We will update these links as regularly as we can to keep the children interested and active!
Have a listen to some of the David Walliams stories. There are a number of free Audio books you can listen to quietly! Challenge - Write a book review on your thoughts of the book you listened too!
Happy listening and reviewing Year 3!
Get Creative by having a go at some of the step by step drawings each day!
How creative can you get?
Monday Challenge - Use the diagram below to create this Lady Bird step by step. How many secret Artists do we have in Year 3?
Tuesday Challenge -
Brighten up your day by creating this butterfly. Can you use just the Primary Colours from our Artist study of Mondrian to create a colourful butterfly?
Could you create your own, unique species with different patterns and colour?
Upload yours to the blog after!
Wednesday Challenge -
As it's April 1st and the sun is shining, have a go at creating a chick. As we approach Easter and that Spring has now arrived, create your own chicks. Remember to upload them to the blog!
Thursday Challenge -
As we get closer to Easter, practice your Easter Bunny drawing skills by following the simple steps. Where will your Rabbit be? Could you draw a landscape for your Rabbit to be in?
Remember - Upload your drawings to the blog for everyone to see!
Friday Challenge -
You have all been keeping busy, keeping your learning going. Now, can you become a Wise Owl and draw your own owl?
What colours will you use? Can you add shading?
Remember, upload pictures of your drawings to the Year 3 Blog!
Year 3 Curriculum maps