Back to School!
Hi year 4 we're so excited to see you back at school soon. We can't wait! It will be lovely to have you all back in class where we can back to doing some super learning.
However if you still need to be at home please be assured we are always at the end of a phone or email if you should need us for anything. While you are all at home we will move your learning onto google classroom. Here you will find work set for you to complete. if you have any questions about it please message as we will be checking in regularly. If you cannot access google classroom then please contact your teacher or the school office who will be happy to sort out an alternative for you.
LSA Miss Langton
LSA Mrs Harmon
LSA Mrs Harmon
LSA Mrs Thomas
Learning for Summer 1 and 2
Things to Remember!
Quick recall of all times tables up to 12 x 12 really helps children in all aspects of their maths work and as a school we believe that it is a crucial skill for all our children. The Year 4 children will be the first group of children to take the National times table check in June, where they will be given 25 questions, with 6 seconds to answer each, tested on a computer.
We will be working hard in school to help the children master their times tables and there are also lots of ways at home that you can help your child. Below are some ideas.
· Five minutes every day working with your child, firstly to learn a specific times table and then testing them with random questions (not just in order from 1-12)
· Websites: Topmarks (Hit the Button, Daily 10)
Timestables.co.uk – activities and worksheets
Funky mummy (good for number bonds too)
Primary homework help (interactive times tables games)
· BBC Supermovers – has songs and actions for all times tables
· You tube videos have some good songs suitable for children
· CD’s with times tables songs
· Cheap times tables activity books from shops such as Poundland and The Works
Your child also has a log-in to ‘Times Table Rock Stars’ which is a great way to learn times tables in a fun way.
If you need any further advice or help regarding times tables, please do not hesitate to contact your child’s class teacher.